- All applicants must complete and sign the membership application forms.
- All application forms must be accompanied by cheque payment of £200 annual subscription plus £35 administration fee (£235).
- All applications must be accompanied by details, photographs and description of work undertaken of at least 4 properties including name and telephone number of the property owner. The property owner must have given permission and be aware that their property has been put forward for inspection.
- All applicants must have carried out at least 25% of the work.
- Sponsors of new applicants must be full members of at least two years – not associate, corporate or apprentice members. A sponsor will have to know the applicant and be confident that the applicant’s work is of acceptable standard.
- If an applicant is sponsored by a member of the exec, their work may not necessarily be inspected.
- If the applicant is already a member of a local Master Thatchers Association and there are no objections from the exec, their work may not necessarily be inspected.
- If the applicant has no sponsor then two exec members must inspect the work. At least three properties will be inspected (preferably two finished and one in progress.)